Thursday, January 29, 2015

Creating Space


Garden of Awakening Orchids in Portland OR.

I've talked about this before in an earlier post called Breathing Space and I want to say a little more about it in this post.

Today I noticed that I was putting off making a decision to change an aspect of my life.  It takes real courage to do that.  Other people may be affected.  I might regret making that change.  What will I lose?  What will I gain?

But putting off the decision was actually causing a lot of tension in my personal energy field, which affects body, mind, spirit and the immediate environment --i.e. space I occupy.

When I finally got off the fence and took a course of action, it freed up the space that was being held in limbo by all the tension required to keep myself static in that place of indecision.

By way of illustration, picture yourself in a room so full of stuff that you literally can not make a move.  You are packed in like a sardine and you are frozen in this state.  Your space is static.

But suddenly you see that you are close to a door, and you are able to reach out, with your arm, just barely...almost there...and now your fingers are reaching the doorknob and you take a deep breath and exhale and reach a little further, and suddenly you turn the knob, the door opens and all the stuff goes tumbling out the door.

In fact, so much stuff is removed that was holding you in place, that you are now free to move in any direction you want to.

When you stop holding that place of tension, it frees up space in your life.  

When that filled up room empties out, you have room for something else to move in.  What will fill your space now?

Pure potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment